Many people are naturally drawn to high adventure activities. Are you one of them? The thrill of certain activities can keep men and women seeking the exhilaration they feel over and over again. Skydiving, rappelling, backpacking, camping, mountain biking, off-roading, and more can all keep an adrenaline junkie emotionally fulfilled. All of these activities require a unique set of equipment. If an off-roading trip is in your future, make sure to be prepared for any bump that may prevent your trip from going as planned.
Decide Off Roading Location
First up on your list is to decide on where you will go for your off-roading adventure. Here in Nevada you may want to check out Hunter Lake Trail, Titus Canyon Road, Mormon Well Road, or Mojave Road. All of these trails are highly recommended online.
Make Car Off Road Ready
Selecting the right type of your vehicle for your trip is the next item on your to do list you will want to check off. Researching what type of trail that you will be encountering will be an important part of your preparation. Once you know what type of trail you will be embarking on, you will be able to make an educated decision concerning your vehicle. Trucks, motorcycles, cars, Jeeps, and more can all be fun options for your trip!
Off Road Recovery Gear List
Once your location and vehicle have been decided on, you will want to make sure that you pack some important tools in your vehicle. Even the most experienced off-roaders can find themselves stuck during their off-roading adventures. Make sure that you pack the following tools:
• Shovel: A shovel is the single most useful tool that you can pack for your off-roading adventures. When your tires are stuck, your hands and back will be grateful that you packed a shovel to help scoop out whatever your tires are stuck in.
• Carpet, Cardboard, Wood: After you have removed the sand, snow, or mud away from your tire, stuff a strip of carpet or cardboard in front of it. To prevent yours tires from spinning, you will want to put some sticks, branches, or plywood under your tire to provide traction. Slowly press down on the gas and allow your tire to get some traction.
• Jack: Your vehicle will come equipped with a standard car jack. You may want to consider purchasing a hi-lift jack as well. A jack can be used to life a stuck tire so that you can stick carpet, cardboard, or wood underneath it.
• Tow Strap: A tow strap may be needed to help get your vehicle out of a precarious situation. You will want to make sure that your tow strap is rated at 17,500 pounds. Caution should be exercised when using tow straps to pull vehicles out. If the strap breaks, it can be dangerous.
• Snow Chains: If you are planning your trip in a location where there will be snow, you will want to pack snow chains. Make sure that you put your chains on before you get into trouble!
Winch Outs, Towing Services, Roadside Assistance & More in Clark County, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Planning and preparing for your trip will help you get excited for your adventure. The hours that you will spend thinking about your trip as you plan are part of the fun for any adventure seeker. We hope that your off-roading adventure is a success! If you find your vehicle stuck no matter what attempts you have made to get it out, give Priceless Towing a call at 702-551-1158.